image caching bug?
  • i started with four images:
    foo.png, bar.png, foo@2x.png, bar@2x.png.
    Dimensions: 44x44 and 88x88 for the @2x images.
    Task: generate two different sprites. one containing the 44x44 images and one for the 88x88 ones.
    Problem: i verified that each image had the correct pixel size (could be that in the process of creating the images i temporarily had wrong image sizes...) but when i tried to place the images in sprites the Tool always gave me the wrong image for one of the four resouces. It might a some sort of caching bug or a problem with the filenames?
    I imported my two 88x88 images and Sprite Master Web gave me one 88x88 and one 44x44. wtf?

i ended up constructing the second sprite in a graphics tool... :(
  • Hi,

There is a known bug in the Sprite Master & Sprite Master Web applications while importing .png files application chooses wrong representation of the image. As I understand this problem is related to this bug. You can set your png images and remove any other representations (printing size, etc).

Thanks.
  • Wow, I can't believe this type of bug is in released software. I'm having the same exact problem, all of my @2x.png images are being imported at the wrong dimensions. Is there a workaround or fix for this? The above comment didn't seem to explain a workaround or fix: "You can set your png images and remove any other representations (printing size, etc)" -- i don't know what this means.
  • Hi,

Yes, there is a workaround and will be fixed on next update.

To fix this temporarily if you have Adobe Photoshop, follow the steps below:

1. Open your image in Adobe Photoshop.
    2. Choose Image -> Image Size menu.
    3. You will see 2 types of sizing. Image size and Printing size.
    4. Make both type of sizes equal in pixels.
    5. Save your images.

After that operation Sprite Master will be correctly show and operate on your images.

Regards
  • Thanks for clarifying. Do have an idea on when the next update will be released?
  • Hi,

Yesterday Sprite Master 1.2 is released and available to download on Mac App Store now. This version addresses this issue.

Regards,
    Polat.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!